Throughout our history, we have learned that acting responsibly toward our stakeholders is fundamental to operating a productive, profitable business. It is for this reason that we embed environmental, social and governance (ESG) principles across our operations and pursue philanthropic initiatives that strengthen our foundations in the communities in which we do business. These efforts help us ensure that our business model is sustainable well into the future.
The following principles and associated practices ensure that we manage our investments with integrity, balancing economic goals with good corporate citizenship.
- Environmental Stewardship: Identify ways to minimize the environmental impact of our operations, utilizing in-house experts and specialist consultants as necessary.
- Employee Well-Being: Meet or exceed all applicable labor laws and standards in jurisdictions where we operate, which includes respecting human rights, offering competitive wages, providing safe work environments, and implementing non-discriminatory, fully inclusive hiring practices. We also aim to have zero serious safety incidents by following a robust set of health and safety practices that are applied across Kaizen Properties.
- Community Engagement: Engage with community groups potentially affected by our actions to ensure that their interests are appropriately integrated into our decisions.
- Governance, Ethics & Fairness: Operate with high ethical standards by conducting business activities in compliance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements and our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics.
- Corporate Citizenship: Empower our employees to participate in, and use our resources to give back to, the communities in which we operate.
With more than 25 years of experience in the industry, we have developed expertise in areas such as energy and water conservation, reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, recycling and wildlife preservation. Across our activities, we pursue innovative programs that foster environmental responsibility.
Because our employees are integral to our success, our management team maintain high standards with respect to employee welfare. Safety training and protocols are constantly refined, and health and safety incident metrics are reviewed regularly. Our goal is to have zero serious safety incidents within all projects by following a set of health and safety principles that are applied across our global businesses.
We believe that building strong partnerships with local and national stakeholders is good business. To ensure our interests are aligned, we continually look to involve our local communities and other stakeholders in both our existing businesses and our new projects.
At Kaizen Properties, we believe in Future Now – what happens tomorrow is determined today. Our primary aim is to prepare for the future and it is the reason we consistently take the long-term view on our activities. Our values are our guiding principles when making decisions. They also motivate the activities we undertake to directly support our community.